U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2011, 06:11 AM

2,186 posts, read 6,560,507 times

Advertisements

Fellowes Intellishred PS-79Ci Shredder

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

I have owned several paper shredders in my life however, they never seem to last very long. Maybe I am just too hard on them or shred too many things but they all just seem to die or else they jam one too many times so I end up getting rid of them. I recycle everything that I can however, I am not comfortable just tearing things up and throwing them in the recycle bin so everything goes through the shredder, in a bag and then in the recycle bin. This was the first time I was going to buy a good quality paper shredder so I did a lot of research first before I spent $189.99. Was this unit going to be any better than the $50 shredders I've been use to?

The Fellowes Intellishred is beyond fabulous. It weighs 30 pounds, comes with a 2 year warranty and it has plenty of thoughtful extras. This unit holds six gallons of shredded material in a very easy to empty bin that simply pulls out. It also has a sensor that tells you when the bin is full so it doesn't overflow. This shredder is also extremely quiet, not like any other one I've ever had.

The greatest quality about this shredder is that it really works. This thing shreds everything including CDs, staples and credit cards. I have stuffed 10 sheets of paper at a time in it and I think it could take much more. It actually electronically measures how thick your paper is so it doesn't jam and it has a safety feature that surrounds the paper so there is no room to get your fingers stuck in it. In fact, the machine shuts off if you touch the opening where the paper goes. This is an important feature to have if you have children in your home. One other special touch that Fellowes thought of with this unit is that the cord is bent close to the plug so you can place it close to the wall.

If you have used cheap paper shredders that are more trouble than what they are worth, do yourself a favor and spend a little extra money and get yourself this unit, it is well worth it.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or