Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2011, 12:24 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

NEC LT20 - DLP Projector

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

When my boss asked me to buy a projector to use for my PowerPoint presentations, I looked at two points: resolution and weight. After all, I was the one to drag it around. Since the price was not an issue, I quickly opted for NEC LT20, at that time, and I think still, the lightest projector on the market.
But, the lightness is not the only thing to recommend this wonderful little projector. It is the size of a large book and it weighs only two pounds! It is extremely bright - 1500 ANSI lumens, perfect for a medium conference room or classroom. The resolution is more than sufficient for my needs: XGA 1024 x 768. The contrast is impressive 2100:1. I do not bother carrying the screen and the picture projected on a white wall is still very good.
This projector has its own built-in speakers, so I do not have to carry external speakers - one more item in my bag.
The zoom has to be corrected manually, but I do find that such a big deal. Setting this machine up is extremely easy, no need for any fiddling. It detects the output device and adjusts all the settings automatically.
There are few things I am not happy with: it is not wireless, so there are still 'spaghetti' to carry around. Since I bought this projector two years ago, NEC discontinued it and came up with a wireless version. I wish I have waited a bit. Maybe it is time to talk to my boss about the upgrade. If you are the one buying the replacement lamp, you are in for a rude surprise. It does not last the advertized 2000 hours and is very expensive - $340 at the Superwarehouse.
I paid almost $900 for this projector two years ago, and I think it was money well spent. It served me very well, and it is still working, but I am like all Americans, if there is something newer and better, I want it.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews