Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2011, 12:25 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

2004 Saturn Vue

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I bought this car because I wanted a mid-size SUV with good gas mileage and a good warranty. My mother owns a much newer Saturn VUE and always sings its praises so I thought I would buy a used one for myself. I knew that the gas mileage would be probably the best amongst its competition, and Saturn has an unbeatable warranty.

Mechanically this has been a great car and I love certain features of it. I like the radio controls on the steering wheel, the window controls in the center console, the heated seats, and the electric seat controls. I get anywhere from 25-30mpg which is great for an SUV and I have a lot of space which is a nice change from the coupe I drove before.

My only problem with the car, and it is something that I just assumed it would have but did not bother to ask about when I purchased it, is that it is not 4-Wheel drive. I just assumed that it would be, assuming that all SUV's are. It does not handle much better than a car in the snowy weather. Some features that I would like to have, that the newer Saturns do have, is an iPod jack, XM satellite radio, and OnStar. I also own a Saturn ION sedan, which is only a few years old, and it came with all of these extra features which have been really nice.

I have been looking forward to trading this older Saturn VUE in for a brand new one, possibly hybrid, but Saturn went out of business so I think I will have to go for something else. I am very pleased with Saturn and every car of theirs I have ever owned and if they were still in business I feel confident that I would never own another brand of car.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2018, 11:35 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,083,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reviewer View Post
[hreview][hreviewitem=2004 Saturn Vue][/hreviewitem][hreviewrating=120]4[/hreviewrating][htreviewsdesc=professional reviewer]I bought this car because I wanted a mid-size SUV with good gas mileage and a good warranty. My mother owns a much newer Saturn VUE and always sings its praises so I thought I would buy a used one for myself. I knew that the gas mileage would be probably the best amongst its competition, and Saturn has an unbeatable warranty.

Mechanically this has been a great car and I love certain features of it. I like the radio controls on the steering wheel, the window controls in the center console, the heated seats, and the electric seat controls. I get anywhere from 25-30mpg which is great for an SUV and I have a lot of space which is a nice change from the coupe I drove before.

My only problem with the car, and it is something that I just assumed it would have but did not bother to ask about when I purchased it, is that it is not 4-Wheel drive. I just assumed that it would be, assuming that all SUV's are. It does not handle much better than a car in the snowy weather. Some features that I would like to have, that the newer Saturns do have, is an iPod jack, XM satellite radio, and OnStar. I also own a Saturn ION sedan, which is only a few years old, and it came with all of these extra features which have been really nice.

I have been looking forward to trading this older Saturn VUE in for a brand new one, possibly hybrid, but Saturn went out of business so I think I will have to go for something else. I am very pleased with Saturn and every car of theirs I have ever owned and if they were still in business I feel confident that I would never own another brand of car.[/htreviewsdesc] [hreviewdate=2010-12-26]Dec. 26, 2010[/hreviewdate][/hreview]
They were too good - they were so good that their cars lasted too long, and thus, they went out of business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews