Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2011, 03:22 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Maclaren Quest Sport in Coffee Sky Blue

maclaren-quest-sport-in-coffee-sky-blue photo
Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I never imagined myself as the kind of person who would buy one of the more expensive strollers but I glad I did. For an urban environment with maneuvering around people and down curbs and into elevators and into narrow aisles, the advantages of this stroller are well worth the money.

The best thing about this stroller, the things that's almost magical, is how responsive the "steering" is. Even with a stoller loaded with child and various kiddie accoutrement, this stroller can be pushed and the direction can be changed with one hand. When dealing with kids and totes and groceries and all sorts of stuff, this tiny feature is completely amazing. It's worth the money for that alone. Compared with less expensive stroller whose wheels that jam and skid and don't all hit the ground at the same time, this stroller is heaven to push along.

Beside the smooth ride, it also has comfortable, easy to fasten straps. Little kids stay in securely without making older kids feel tied down. The wheels stay flush to the bottom of the stroller, which means they aren't sticking out when you don't expect them. That cuts down on awkward jolts and bumping into displays in stores and chairs in restaurants.

There are a few tiny problems. The opening to the basket under the stroller is narrow, especially when the kid is already strapped and ready to go. The harness, which is very tight (probably to keep little hands from unstrapping themselves) is seriously difficult to open and cannot be done with one hand. My mother, with very mild arthritis in her hands, is unable to get it open. The sunshade is only effective when the sun is pretty much directly overhead.

Other than those few small things, I would completely recommend this stroller. It's worth the money if you need a very light stroller that is great to maneuvering in tight spaces.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews