Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2011, 01:02 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

2011 Ford Fiesta SE Hatch 1.4l 3dr

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

The new 2009 model Fiesta looks nothing like its bland predecessors, with a much sharper image and better looks. The specifications promise 48.7mpg, making it easily one of the most economic of Fords range. The SE Hatch starts at $15795 MSRP.
I spent a lot of time balancing up which model to buy, especially whether it was worth getting a 5 door or 3 door, and eventually settled on the 3 door for its looks. The appearance of the car is much nicer with three doors, and if you usually travel alone it's perfect, although in tight parking spaces it can be difficult to open the long driver and passenger doors without denting your neighboring car. I haven't yet managed to get more than 40mpg from the Fiesta but that's still quite an impressive number, especially considering its performance.
The Fiesta comes with quite a basic package and you have to pay to get the comfort features that might be standard with other vehicles, but I think that it's worth the sacrifice for the handling. Most of the Fiesta models take longer than 10 seconds to reach 60mph, but it's very light and fast when you first pull away. It's the perfect city car because of its compact size, healthy fuel economy and its ability to beat bigger cars at the lights. The Fiesta is FWD and sharp in the corners, and compliments an attractive exterior with a comfortable interior. Unfortunately, if I were to change one thing about the car, it would be to make it feel a little more spacious inside, because the size of the side windows and in particular the rear view window makes it feel much smaller inside than it really is.
However, the Fiesta fills a much needed economic small car space in Ford's range, especially for people who trust the brand name and are looking for a second car to run around the city in. I wouldn't recommend it as a vehicle for a household with just one car, because there simply isn't enough boot space, but it handles better than most cars with a higher price tag.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews