Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2011, 02:02 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,535,274 times

Advertisements

Digital Spectrum MemoryVue 1700 U-30318 17 Digital Picture Frame

Rating: 2 out of 5
  • Currently 2.0/5.0

I bought this recently for my catering business. In the small office we use for consultations, i wanted a nice digital picture frame to show the food presentations we offer. Because I hired a professional photographer, I wanted something that really showed the beautiful food in the beautiful photos.

This frame accomplishes that, for the most part. The frame does look nice, as well as looking sturdy and polished. The real strength of the frame is that is displays pictures beautifully. The renderings are crisp and clear, which is extremely important for my business. Nothing is fuzzy or distorted or warped. The food looks great, which is my primary objective in buying this frame.

However, there are things I would wish to be different. The frame does look nice and sturdy, but the construction is not as solid as it should be. The corners "wobbled" a bit back and forth when I first took it out of the box. I fastened it back together so it's fine now, but I wish it would have been properly constructed right out of the box. Also, the gold frame of the pictures is darker than the gold of the actual frame. It's not a huge difference, but when I expected a rustic, smudgy kind of gold and got a shinier, brighter color, I was a little disappointed.

And then there is the big problem. This frame, unlike other frames of a similar quality and price, does not have a USB port. This is fine if you have a memory card from a digital camera, but for me, who only had digital copies of professionally produced photos, this is a problem. My computer does not have a slot for memory cards. I had to request a memory card from the photographer who then charged me for the card as well as the service. The extra cost was minimal but could have been avoided entirely had I purchased a different frame.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews