Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2011, 02:29 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Waring BB150 Commercial Blender for Bars 2-Speed 48 Ounce

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

My wife and I have owned a number of kitchen blenders over the years, but weren't really happy with any of them. They never performed very well, and when we made a margarita, it generally ended up with lumpy ice throughout.

Before we ended up investing a couple of hundred dollars into an expensive commercial blender, I bought the Waring 1/2 hp commercial blender. At a cost of $164.45, it cost just about double the price of the cheap ones we owned in the past. For a low priced bar blender, it has done all that we have asked from it for about a year.

This is not a fancy piece of equipment. It is very simple to operate and built much the same as our old Hamilton Beach. We have had more success in making daiquiris and margaritas than with any of our former blenders. It is probably not a blender to use in a commercial bar, but for the home, it will serve most people's needs and comes with a 2 speed motor.

I like the suction feet that stick well to the plastic laminate tops in my kitchen and won't allow the blender to jump all around while mixing. The flip up door in the lid makes it very easy to add ingredients after mixing some items together first.

The blender comes with a two-year warranty, but we wondered about replacement parts in the event we needed something after the two years were up. It seems the cutting blades cost about half as much as the whole blender, and we couldn't understand that. We wouldn't have bought it in the first place if we had realized that.

We looked at other models from Waring and quickly found that this unit is the only low cost one they offer. A stainless-steel model in 64 ounces is over $250, and they continue to escalate to over $600. I hope ours holds up well enough that we don't need to shop for a higher priced model anytime soon.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 20, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews