Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2011, 03:29 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,535,274 times

Advertisements

Windsor 93454 Hardwood 60"*4 Drawer Workbench*

Rating: 3 out of 5
  • Currently 3.0/5.0

No manual worker feels complete without their own workbench, these can be industrial, electrical, mobile, but in my case it had to be wooden.* My needs were fairly specific; it had to have drawers, it had to be sturdy, but at the same time compact, and fit into a tight space.* After much shopping around I was thrilled to find the Hardwood 60" workbench, with 4 drawers, it was almost to my own personal specifications.*
This Windsor designed 93454 model, stood out with its attractive light wood appearance; and protective lacquered finish.* The drawers were of the right depth for the tools I needed to store and I was pleasantly surprised to find each one lined with felt to protect any finer tools.* There is also a large bottom shelf which has ample room to house my larger tools. *
The weight capacity was also adequate for my needs at 250lbs, with a recommendation to not exceed 25lbs in each draw.* The dimensions of the bench are 60"* x 20", which meant it slotted perfectly into the gap I had left for such an item.* There are also 16 bench-dog holes, with 4 metal pegs and 4 hardwood pegs.*
The one thing I would have liked was some rack mountings, but this wasn't as crucial to me as the drawers and shelf.* My big problem with it though was assembly.* I felt like I needed a workbench to help put the thing together!* I am fairly adept with wooden designs, but like most flat pack creations, this didn't go as smoothly as it might; but having said that, it was more to do with me not following the instructions and going off at tangents.*
At just $199.99 new, this workbench is a steal, especially when you look at a rival like Sjobergs who ask $450 for a bench which is actually 7"*smaller in length and 2 "*smaller in width.* For me the Hardwood 4 drawer is top drawer!*

Review by professional reviewer, Sep. 1, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews