Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2011, 05:22 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Mr. Coffee ECM21 4-Shot Espresso Machine and 8-Cup Coffeemaker Combo

mr-coffee-ecm21-4-shot-espresso-machine-and-8-cup-coffeemaker photo
Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I have owned this coffee maker since January of 2008, and since having it I have had no issues. This is undoubtedly one of the best coffee makers I've ever owned, and I haven't had a single problem with it to date.

When I first was deciding which coffee maker to buy, I started reading reviews to see what the opinions were of different machines. While there were some reviews that were somewhat off-putting about this item, I have not experienced anything that was described. In short, I have been totally excited about this machine, and glad that I took the leap in purchasing it. I haven't looked back once.

There are lots of features of this item that are easy to use. First off, the little water reservoir that holds the water is easy to take off and put back. If you don't want to have to remove it to replace the water, you can just pour directly into it. It's very clearly marked and easy to read even when it's installed in the machine.

The "shower head" over the filter and the basket turns outward, allowing you to easily change the filter. When you're done with the grinds, you just empty and then swivel back into its place. The carafe lid is also easy to remove and clean. While it doesn't open fully, it does open wide enough to clean without any issues, and I've never had any problems with leakage or anything of the like.

The frother is a great feature. Although it's not really long enough to use a large pitcher of milk, it's perfect for one or two cups of coffee. And it's a really nice feature to have when you're making that cup of cafe-au-lait in the morning. You can brew your coffee on one side, then add your steamed milk on the other in no time.

One thing that could use work is that the coffee and espresso could be just a little hotter. It seems to be that this doesn't get scalding hot. Some people like their coffee really hot, but I'm not to picky. While this bothers some people that use this machine, I'm really okay with it.

I've used both sides of this machine, and so far I've never had any problems. If anyone has any problems, it's probably because they received a defective machine, not because of any sort of design or manufacturing issue. Thankfully a company like Mr. Coffee will typically send you a replacement item, or you can get one at your retailer if need be. Lon story short this is a great machine by a great manufacturer. While it's not perfect, it's never had any issues under my watch, and if I had to do it all over again I'd definitely buy another Mr. Coffee machine and espresso maker.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews