U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2011, 09:31 AM

2,186 posts, read 6,578,046 times

Advertisements

While I must admit that before I purchase a tool I check out the Harbor Freight Chinese manufactured knock off before I buy anything. My thought is that if I can save two thirds of the purchase price I can buy three tools for the price of one. Since most tools wear out no matter what they cost the three for one makes money sense.

However, in the case of a drill I make a major exception. You can purchase a Chicago Machinery drill from Harbor freight or a Craftsman from Sears, which by the way may be built in China, but nothing I have ever used can beat the Milwaukee Magnum "Hole Shooter" for getting the job done.

The MSRP of $262 should be shopped around for I bought mine for $140 at a tool store. My son is a contractor and introduced me to the Hole Shooter when he built our home. I helped him on our deck and I was sold. I had my handy Craftsman 3/8 drill and I was going to keep up with my son.

I immediately noticed that when I started by screw my drill would jump to life and frequently lose its grip falling over even though we had drilled pilot holes. It was skiterish when starting up in comparison to the Milwaukee's slow and precise speed control. When finishing the screw off my Craftsman was struggling at full trigger pressure. The Hole Shooter finished the drive with little strain and
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or