Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2011, 03:05 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Nike Triax C5 Heart Rate Monitor

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

I purchased the Nike Triax C5 heart rate monitor two years ago when I was training for a triathlon. The cost was $89, which is on the lower end of pricing. Since it was the first time I had used a heart rate monitor, it took me a while to get used to adjusting the chest strap to where it wasn't moving, but other than that it has proven to be of good quality for the price. It has a nice black outer with silver accents on the front and side where the buttons are located. It is slightly bigger on my wrist than any watch I've worn, so that took a little bit of getting used to also. One of the best features of this model is the large numbers on the face. When I am running or biking it is easy to see without having to hold it right up in front of my face.

This heart rate monitor comes with accurate heart rate information, a programmable heart rate training zone to personalize, an exercise chronograph, the ability to recall exercise time, my average heart rate, and time spent in my target heart rate zone. It also comes with a button to view important information quickly. In addition to the heart rate monitor functions, it also acts as a watch with time, date, and alarm.

As for ease of use, it took me some time to figure out how to do everything I needed. It does come with a very complete manual, but it is long and lost my attention quickly. I prefer to have something more easy to use, which may not be easy to find in this area. Overall the quality is good, and the monitor feels like it was built with quality that will last for a long time.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews