Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2011, 04:06 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,535,274 times

Advertisements

Sharp R-230KK 800-Watt 4/5-Cubic-Foot Compact Microwave

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

Like most people, I use a microwave fairly extensively but I also do not have a lot of counter space. For this reason I prefer to use compact microwaves, while I loose out on room in the microwave, I save counter space. Overall the Sharp 4/5 cubic foot compact microwave is a decent microwave though it does have some problems.

The Good:

The primary benefit of the Sharp compact microwave is the fact that it takes up little space. This makes it ideal for small counters, dorm rooms, or even for putting a small microwave in an area such as a family den. Also the controls are easy to figure out. While the Sharp compact microwave may not have the same features as bigger models I feel that this is not much of a loss.

The Bad:

The one thing I have noticed about my Sharp compact microwave is that it often takes longer to cook than most microwaves. Even after making sure the microwave is on high it still takes up to two minutes longer to cook things than other microwaves. I have been told this might have something to do with the altitude I live in but it is worth mentioning.

In the end, I think the Sharp compact microwave is a good microwave for people with limited space. While there might be better ones available I feel the Sharp comes in at a nice price point and does a decent job. However, if you are not looking for a compact microwave I would definitely not buy the Sharp compact as it is very small and most likely will not have the room you need. Overall I really believe this machine is worth the $60 I paid for it.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews