Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2011, 09:36 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

2002 Ford Windstar

Rating: 3 out of 5
  • Currently 3.0/5.0

This is my girl's car, but I drive it all the time. She bought it from a car dealership a few years ago when she needed more room for the kids and her nieces and nephews. She financed it through a credit company, and has had it ever since.

The minivan is pretty neat to drive. I have always liked driving vehicles where the seat sits up higher than usual, and this van has a high seat. It also has an adjustable lumbar support option on the side of the seat, which is nice when my back is sore or tired and I need the extra support for driving long distances. There is plenty of legroom on both the passenger and driver side, and I can easily reach the radio dials and climate controls from the driver's seat. The cruise control feature right on the steering wheel comes in handy on long trips as well.

This minivan has three rows of seats, and the back two are removable. Being able to remove the seats has come in handy several times when we had to haul furniture from one place to the other, or pick up lawn supplies from the hardware store. Although dealing with the latches for removing with the seats is a pain, they don't get stuck or jammed if they haven't been used them in a while.

One feature I really don't like about this van is the placement of the main fuse box. Recently the windshield wipers stopped working and it took a lot of researching and poking around to discover that the fuse box was actually under the hood next to the battery. And then to top it off, the box that held the fuses was nearly impossible to pry open due to it being crammed into a little space besides the battery terminal. Once I finally got the lid off, then I was able to swap out the burned out fuse for the windshield wiper.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 8, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews