U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2011, 01:22 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,536,128 times

Advertisements

Recaro Young Sport Child's Car Safety Seat *

recaro-young-sport-childs-car-safety-seat photo
Rating: 1 out of 5
  • Currently 1.0/5.0

Probably one of the most important purchases a parent can make is that of the car safety seat for your child.* My son has just turned 18 months and had about outgrown his latest seat, so I shopped around for a good value replacement.* Recommendations in the press and online were scrutinized and I eventually opted for Recaro Young Sport, as it seemed to tick the boxes on my requirements list.*
Their unique and unrivaled fixing system was a key factor in my decision, as was the assurance of auto adjustments and the fact that they were the market leader of the belt tensioner.* I was slightly dubious about the high asking price of $255, but the fact that it was designed for ages 9 months up to 12 years, eased that concern, as spread over a decade or more it actually would be potentially a cheaper option than those that need to be changed at regular stages.*
However, I have to say that I am disappointed with the product as it doesn't satisfy all my expectations.* My son never seems to be able to sit comfortably and I was especially annoyed to discover that the seat doesn't recline significantly, as I often have to drive long distances and I like my child to lie back.* He regularly releases the buckle fastener, which I find alarming and also in the winter months, when wearing a thicker coat, the belt is too tight.* I tried extending the tension, but it had the effect of destabilizing the seat.*
On the plus side the seat is well padded and the side head wing protectors are a good modification.* The covers are easily removable and machine washable, but my friend has a Gracio Junior, purchased for $160 less; and this does everything that the Young Sport does, and is more to my son's liking; I am seriously considering swapping over.

Review by professional reviewer, Sep. 1, 2010
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews