Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2011, 03:20 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Cuisinart Food Processor Model FP 14

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

Cuisinart always seems to do a great job on designing useful kitchen products. This food processor is no different. I purchased it several months ago to make things a little easier in the kitchen and I am glad that I did. It works great and saves tons of time.

I generally use this to grate cheese and make pie crusts, although I am sure that it does other things well also. I have used it to make pesto and it turned out great. The motor is powerful enough to thoroughly chop almost anything. It came with a couple of blades and slicing and shredding disks. The disks and blades are easily interchangeable.

It is very easy to use and clean up is a breeze. The controls are all button powered which are easier to wipe down that knobs or switches. It has a 1000 watt motor and I have never needed more power.

One of the most convenient features of this food processor is the three bowl sizes. When making small quantities the 4 1/2 cup bowl is perfect, but the large 14 cup bowl works well when cooking for a group. It makes cleanup so much easier when you don't have to wash a huge bowl every time. Plus if you are making multiple items, you can use a couple bowls and just clean everything at the end.

I wish the feeding tube was a little larger, although it is a good size for a food processor and most items will easily fit in. I also hate storing all three bowls, although I am willing to for the convenience of having them.

My food processor also came with a storage case where I can keep the extra blades, etc. I really appreciate this feature since it can be difficult to keep track of so many little parts.

This is a great food processor and I highly recommend it.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews