Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2011, 08:16 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,570,893 times

Advertisements

Black & Decker SteamAdvantage F1060

Rating: 3 out of 5
  • Currently 3.0/5.0

Before upgrading to a nicer and more quality iron, I used the Black & Decker SteamAdvantage F1060 model iron. I purchased the iron for $22 retail and bought the machine because it was lightweight and looked nice. Overall it did the job but started to wear out fairly quickly. The price was right in terms of you get what you pay for and I must admit the inexpensive price tag made me purchase this iron over the other more expensive and better featured machines. The iron comes in a number of different colors mixed with white and mine was olive green and white. I have also seen the blue and white and brick red and white colors which are quite pleasing. The water tank is transparent which is a nice feature when checking on water levels and seeing if more water should be added. The soleplate is stainless steel and the finish doesn't rub off as in some of the cheaper models.
The disadvantages to this iron are that the water tank is relatively small and doesn't hold enough water. The water tank only holds four ounces of water and is quite small when undertaking larger ironing jobs. Also, there is no variable steam control on this iron. Another con in using this iron was that the iron seemed to leak water out onto the clothing within just a few short months of using the machine. When ironing nice shirts and blouses it is not good to have water leak onto your clothing. This was a constant problem so I ended up purchasing a better machine.
Overall I was somewhat pleased with the iron but prefer something with a few more features and better reliability. If price is a key factor than this iron is good for the money. It is also easy to use and lightweight but is not as reliable as it should be.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews