U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2011, 07:11 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,647,169 times

Advertisements

KitchenAid KHB300 Hand Blender

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

I used to have a cheap hand blender that was made entirely of plastic, with the exception of the blade. I dropped it one day in my sink and the little plastic bits surrounding the blade broke right off. I use my hand blender a lot in the kitchen and so I needed to replace it immediately. I also knew that I would need one with a stronger base. After some digging into different models, I found the KitchenAid KHB300 Hand Blender, which seemed to have just that.

This hand blender does have stainless steel surrounding the blade, so you can bang it around in your sink or drawer and be sure that it's not going to break on you. The handle however is made of plastic and has rubber sure-grip notches that make holding it while blending more comfortable.

This KitchenAid hand blender also comes with two different speeds that will let you create many recipes. But the versatility of the KitchenAid KHB300 goes far beyond that. It also comes with many different attachments. There's a whisk attachment for beating eggs or cream, and a nut attachment for when you need to quickly chop nuts. And it all comes with a bag that has a drawstring attachment, so I don't need to worry about keeping everything all together.

Another accessory that came with this hand blender that I really love is the beaker container that has its own snap-locking lid. This container lets me make my sauce, soups, or whatever else I'm making right in the container and then seal it up and put it in the fridge for quick reheating later. When I first got the hand blender I actually didn't think I'd have much use for this container. But it's gotten so that I use this extra beaker almost every time I use the blender.

The KitchenAid KHB300 Hand Blender cost me $85.99 when I bought it. That may seem pricey but my 'cheap' plastic one cost me $25.99 and this KitchenAid is going to last much longer. And when you need to buy a hand blender, it's better to get one that is a plastic/stainless steel combination rather than one that's entirely stainless steel. The only difference really is in the look; and entirely stainless steel hand blenders are much more expensive than those with a plastic hand grip.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews