Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2011, 12:21 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Bunn NHBX-B Contemporary 10-Cup Home Coffee Brewer, Black

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

This is the second Bunn I've owned, and I'm completely sold on the brand. I know some people may balk at spending over $100 on a coffeemaker, but the Bunn is very much worth the initial investment. My last Bunn lasted almost twelve years, with constant use. The quality of the materials and the design are just very superior to the plastic, cheap coffeemakers.

This Bunn has more features than our first one, and I really appreciate having them. One thing is that the coffee stays at just the right temperature for hours, which is wonderful if you drink coffee all day or are having a party of some kind with lots of guests drinking coffee during the function. The coffee tastes just as fresh two hours later as it did when you brewed it, also.

Another extra feature I like is the hot water resevoir. It actually keeps water heated for brewing at all times. The pot you're about to brew isn't made from the cold water you just put it. That water pushes the hot water down for brewing your next pot. This is why it brews so quickly (2-3 minutes for 12 cups), and it's also very handy for making a cup of hot tea or hot cocoa. We've really enjoyed having that feature, as my daughter can get some hot chocolate while I'm drinking from the pot of coffee.

We also really like the vacation switch. This turns off the resevoir heater, so you can save on the electricity and probably preserve the life of the machine, if you happen to be away for a few days. You can turn it off if you're just leaving for work, but it takes a while for the water to heat back up, so we leave it on.

This really is an excellent coffeemaker.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews