U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2011, 09:10 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,651,320 times

Advertisements

DS MV1700 MemoryVue Plus 17" Digital Photo Frame

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I was lucky enough to receive one of these frames as a wedding gift from my parents, and I simply love it. The frame itself is very attractive- it is a burnished gold color with white matting and far more ornate and elegant than the black and wood frames I'm used to seeing. We have been using it to showcase wedding photos, and the frame itself has a very classy appearance.

The screen itself is LCD and has a 1024x768 resolution which is crisp and clear with good color vibrancy. You can use a variety of different memory cards or a USB flash drive to input the pictures. The frame also has a built in speaker, so you can use it to play movies and music as well if you're so inclined (though I have never used this feature myself). A small remote control also came with the frame, which allows you to manually switch pictures if you want to do a slide show.

For displaying the frame: It has an armature on the back to allow it to stand on a table or mantle, or you can mount it to a wall. I initially had it above our fireplace, but the size of the frame and its value had me worried it would be knocked off and broken, so we ended up mounting it instead. This frame does have some glare issues (likely due to its size), and is best displayed in a shady area.

In all this frame has a ton of features, many of which I'll probably never use- but it's absolutely beautiful and works very well. I get the impression many of its capabilities are geared more toward professional or commercial use, so if you are looking for a frame to use in a business environment this may be a good choice. Otherwise, anyone with high quality digital photos to display will love this frame.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews