U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2011, 08:10 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,795,427 times

Advertisements

2006 Toyota Scion xB

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I chose the Scion xB because it was affordable, had excellent standard features and a lot of cargo space.

The biggest surprise with this vehicle was its excellent handling capability. With the boxy shape, I expected it to wander at high speeds. Instead, it actually clings to the road remarkably well and I felt very comfortable even during highway driving, which normally makes me nervous. ABS operation was very effective for quick stopping and the automatic transmission shifts smoothly.

I also enjoyed the audio features even more than I expected. I used the input port for my iPod often and found the steering wheel audio controls useful. The sound quality was good and the equilizer worked especially well.

Cargo space was a major factor in choosing this vehicle and I wasn't disappointed. I could easily tote all of my son's sports equipment and the floor is higher than other vehicles I've used, making loading and unloading much easier.

The Scion also had plenty of interior space. My 6-foot 3-inch son could ride comfortably in the back seat without feeling crowded. His legs did not hit the back of my seat and he had enough headroom to feel comfortable.

In general, I was very pleased with mileage on this vehicle. It averaged 30 mpg despite mostly city driving.

Lower power availability was the only real issue I had with the vehicle. While the car takes off well, the engine winds out to somewhat higher RPMs than I'm used to when accelerating quickly. I also found that it would lose speed rapidly on steep inclines unless I significantly increase the throttle, which in turn negatively impacted the fuel mileage at times.

Overall, I was very pleased with this vehicle. It was a good value at $14,900 and I would consider purchasing one again.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews