Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2011, 06:23 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,606,598 times

Advertisements

Campbell Hausfeld RP320012-Volt Air Compressor

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

This inexpensive air compressor is excellent for typical household usage. I primarily purchased this unit to inflate my car's tires, but it also works for blowing up air mattresses or inflatable rafts. Price was the most compelling aspect while searching for a portable air compressor because of the limited amount of functions I need the machine to perform.

I purchased the Campbell Hausfield RP3200 12-Volt Air Compressor for $39.95 in 2008. This model was one of the least expensive compact air compressor models. The majority of compact air compressors I considered were under 15 volts and cost less than $50.00.

This unit easily inflates automobile tires or bicycle tires, and it stores nicely in my car's trunk. I have found that this air compressor takes around five minutes to inflate each tire. The air compressor has little "feet" that pop out and support the unit during usage. The air compressor connects with a valve that has an arm that snaps down into place. It is very intuitive and easy to use.

This model does not have a great deal of "bells and whistles," but there are several features that I have appreciated having included. I particularly like the automatic shutoff feature that allows me to select my tire's PSI, and then the unit turns off when the correct level is reached. There is also a light included on the front of the air compressor that is useful while filling up tires at night.

The most "annoying" aspect of this machine is that the unit is quite noisy to operate. The machine makes a loud "whooshing" sound during operation that is rather uncomfortable to hear. I have found that it is better not to try and use the machine near my small children because the noise upsets them.

Also, for filling up larger items like an air mattress or raft, the unit does take much longer than when adjusting the pressure of a tire. For example, it took just over 30 minutes to fill my queen size inflatable mattress. This is not a huge issue for me because I purchased the pump primarily to fill up my car's tires.

Overall, this is a good, portable air compressor that is inexpensive and long-lasting. If you do not mind a bit of noise, this product is a reliable and economical choice.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews