U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2011, 07:23 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,682,412 times

Advertisements

Cuisinart DCC-1200BCH-12C Program Coffee Maker

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I have had this coffee maker for 2 years and it has been reliable during that time as far as not ever breaking or not working properly. It's easy to make a pot of coffee but some of the other features are confusing. You can't program the coffee to be made in advance without getting the instruction manual out but once you do it works the way it should. We've been able to program the coffee to made twelve hours after we set the timer. The quality of the product is very good and its very nice looking with the stainless steel accented with black parts. Cleaning it is fairly easy as all parts come off and can be quickly wiped down. I don't drink a lot of coffee but make it frequently for guests and generally the coffee turns out fine as long as I follow the directions on the coffee package correctly. The only complaint I would have is that it is hard to find coffee filters that fit the the product right and if it isn't perfect coffee grinds get into the coffee when it comes out the spout. As far as pricing and other products I would compare it to the Bunn and the Kitchen Aide stainless steel products. The Bunn probably makes better coffee consistently but the Cuisinart has a better price. The Kitchen Aide coffee maker is probably the most comparable to the Cuisinart as far as reliability, design, features, functionality and pricing. Truthfully we chose the Cuisinart because it was the nicest looking of the stainless steel coffee pots, had a decent reputation and for sure had the best price. We were also able to get a decent warranty for the Cuisinart - one year unlimited. The Bunn has this but you have to pay for one with the KitchenAide.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews