U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-31-2011, 09:39 AM

2,186 posts, read 3,525,434 times
Default Review of Sunbeam Mr. Coffee 12 Cup Coffee Maker

Sunbeam Mr. Coffee 12 Cup Coffee Maker

Rating: 2 out of 5
  • Currently 2.0/5.0

This coffeemaker was bought to replace my very expensive European one after it broke down on me. I was looking for something to get me by and keep me in coffee while I researched, and then saved up for, my next expensive European machine. That being said, I was just looking for something cheap to hold me over. This was something cheap to hold me over, but I would never want to depend on it long term.

One nice feature that it has, and the reason I chose it over a few other coffeemakers in the same price range, is two windows into the water resevoir. This is a great feature if you're like me, and forget whether you already put the water in. I do that constantly, and with this machine I didn't have to pull it forward, open the lid and look in to see if I had filled it already. I did like that.

It has the pause and pour feature, which I insist on, but it doesn't work very well. It stops dispensing the coffee while you're pouring a cup, but, apparently, it doesn't actually stop brewing. Once you put the pot back, it dumps a bunch of coffee, which ends up all over the counter and warming plate. That really irritated me. Too much cleanup for sneaking a cup of coffee.

On the subject of cleaning, this one is a pain to wash. The basket doesn't come clean very easily at all, and with all the leaking and spiliing, the warmer plate gets really dirty. I also found, after a few weeks, that the edges of the warmer plate aren't sealed very well. I actually found coffee under the warming plate, which I wasn't able to get out.

The coffeemaker does make a decent cup of coffee, but nothing special. Of course, you're not really looking for special at this price, just hot and ready coffee.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews