U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2011, 02:02 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,640,000 times

Advertisements

Char-Broil Quickset Two-Burner Grill

Rating: 2 out of 5
  • Currently 2.0/5.0

I have wanted to purchase a propane grill for a while so when I saw this Char-Broil Quickset Two-Burner Grill on sale at my local Lowe's store I was thinking that no time like the present would be more perfect for me to try this grill. Let me say that this is an entry level grill that only offers 265 sq. inches of cooking area with a 25,500 BTU on its main burner.

I owned a charcoal grill that I would use about 4 to 6 times a month to cook everything from beef, pork, chicken, vegetables, and seafood. I wanted to see if my family and I enjoyed the flavor of propane over the flavor of charcoal cooking. Also I wanted to see if I would save money by using propane instead of constantly buying charcoal and lighter fluid.

As far as taste I believe we all agreed that we enjoy the flavor that comes from cooking with charcoal over propane. Now saving money on charcoal has been great, I would spend over $20 bucks a month buying charcoal and now one tank of propane last me about two months which cost about $15 bucks at our local grocery store.

I had the grill about 3 to 4 years now and have had to replace the burners because there is no way to protect the burners when you are cooking your food. I also had to replace the wire cooking grate which lasted about 1 year and the starter which lasted about 2 years. Overall I have spent about $25 dollars on replacement parts which is about 1/3 of the total price I paid for the Char-Broil Quickset Two-Burner Grill.

If I had to do it over I would never have bought this cheap grill.I would have saved more money and got a grill that would be more durable and give more cooking area. I give this grill a 2 star rating out of 5. If you are in the market for a propane grill spend the extra money and get a better one.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews