U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-02-2011, 01:32 PM

2,186 posts, read 3,717,040 times

Advertisements

Cuisinart DCC-450 4-Cup Coffeemaker

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

This petite coffee maker by Cuisinart has a retail list price of $55.00 but can be purchased for closer to $30 at many retailers. For its size and price range, this is an excellent little machine.

The DCC-1200 is small and takes up minimal counter space, with a footprint of 5x7". The body is black plastic, and the pot is made from brushed stainless steel- making for a visually attractive combination. The drop-in, cone-shaped wire filter is easy to remove and clean- making this machine very low maintenance. It also features an auto-shutoff feature, which is rare in machines of this size and value.

This coffee maker is ideal for households that are short on time and short on coffee drinkers. It brews quickly and produces the perfect amount of coffee for two large mugs. The 30-minute auto shutoff is perfect for those that just want a quick cup in the morning before work.

I received this maker as a wedding gift, and would never go back to a larger model. My husband and I only drink coffee occasionally, so this machine perfectly meets our needs. It's quick to set up, doesn't require much room (either on the counter or in a cupboard) and easy to clean. Often I will just store it in a cupboard and get it out when we have company, and I can have it set up and brewing within two or three minutes.

It is not, however, entirely without flaws. Given the machine's small size, it can be difficult to fill the water reservoir without spilling, and the lid on the water tank does not always close properly (requiring some jiggling before it shuts snugly). Also, if for some reason you do not pour all of your coffee in one go and allow the machine to shut off, the stainless steel pot seems to cool much more quickly than a glass one would. In all though, these drawbacks are a minor price to pay for the ease and convenience of using this machine.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews