U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2011, 01:33 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,680,142 times

Advertisements

Breville Icon Hemisphere 750-Watt Blender

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

I purchased this blender to replace a less expensive blender that I was not happy with. We looked at several models of blenders before purchasing this one based on the recommendation of the sales associate at Williams Sonoma.

I primarily use it for green smoothies and spreads such as hummus, so I need a model with enough power to get fibrous, chopped ingredients very smooth. The Hemisphere does an excellent job and I have been very pleased with the texture of my spreads and drinks since I started using it.

The blender's control panel is completely digital and includes a digital timer with a large readout. For presets such as "smoothie," the timer counts down until it is finished; for the manual settings, its counts up. It makes processes such as "blend for two minutes" much simpler.

Another feature that I particularly like is that the base of the pitcher that has the blades unlocks and removes from the glass portion, along with a rubber ring seal. It makes cleaning the blender so much easier than other blenders I've used.

The extra sweep blade that rotates around the bottom of the pitcher during use is helpful for my spreads. Other blenders left chunks along the bottom edges where the blades didn't reach, but this blender gets the entire contents smooth.

The pitcher also has a rubber lid, which is easy to remove thanks to an attached upright ring. It seals very well during blending. The clear plastic cap in the center can also pop out so you can pour extra ingredients in while making dressings.

The blender is very sturdy, which I appreciate because I intend to keep it for a very long time. The walls of the glass pitcher are extremely thick and have been crack resistant, even though I am clumsy and have dropped it on the floor a couple of times. The base is heavy and doesn't creep along the counter while the blender is working, so you can safely walk away from it. I was surprised to find that the brushed metal base does, in fact, resist fingerprints, a claim of which I am always skeptical.

While I was extremely reluctant to spend almost $200 on a blender, I now feel that it was a good investment. I fully expect to still be using it ten years from now. If you don't use a blender daily, a less expensive blender might work for you, but if you use your blender often, this is a good choice.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews