U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 09-02-2011, 12:33 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,808,640 times
Default Review of 2010 Honda VT1300 Sabre

2010 Honda VT1300 Sabre

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

The road is yours, so why not own it? The question in mind is, what to rip the road up with?

Well I'm thinking maybe a bike. Not a bicycle. I'm talking about a motorcycle. A bike that can take you 90 MPH down the road. You feel the wind through your hair.

There are many bikes to chose from. You have Harley's to Honda's. Many people always say, "always get a Harley bike."

It's an American bike. - With true horsepower. And it looks like a bike should look like. I'm not going to argue there. Harley's are king!

But I'm reviewing a 2010 Honda VT1300 Sabre, so sorry about that.
But hear me out anyway.
I think bikes are interesting. To me cars are too restricting. There is lots of freedom with bikes. You can feel the road. Even with cars, you can only feel so much road.
The bad thing about bikes are, true they are safer than cars one way, but if you get in an accident, chances of living are less than 20%. For cars, you have at least 50/50.
So when you buy a bike, get one that has a high rating for everything.
I'm going to repeat myself once more, get a bike that has full-on safety features. Make this your priority.
You'll thank me when you're safer when you might have been.

Overview -

Sabre:

-41mm fork with 4.0" travel.
-Single shock w/threaded-collar spring preload adjuster; 3.9" travel.
-170/80 x 15 -- 70.0", 33.0 degrees, 4.6" -- 26.9" -- 4.4 gal -- 664 lbs (679 lbs w/ABS).

Sabre's $11,799 MSRP.

The Good:

Colors - Candy Red, Black. One-year unlimited-mileage warranty. Great handle. Fair price. Nice to look at.

The Bad:

It's not a Harley, but o' well.

Overall rating of this product. Including cost, performance, brand. "5.0."

Comparing to other units, Harley's still better, but for a foreign bike, I like it!

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 09-02-2011, 01:04 PM

16,024 posts, read 16,370,971 times
I hate that they have recycled a name that once went with an actually good motorcycle.

The VeeFour Sabre (VF1100S) from the 80's.
Box stock 108HP and over 90ftlb of torque.

Find one and ride it.
Then you'll realize that what you really want to buy is an ST.
---

as to this thing?
If you want a Harley just get one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews