U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2011, 04:19 AM

2,186 posts, read 5,997,645 times

Advertisements

Dirt Devil Flite Upright Bagless Vacuum

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

If you need a new vacuum, you can guarantee that you'll get a good product by investing in a Dirt Devil vacuum. I bought the Dirt Devil Flite Upright Bagless Vacuum for $99.99, which is a very reasonable price for a Dirt Devil vacuum. But you should know that this vacuum does come with the ongoing cost of replacement filters. These are pretty expensive at $25, and you need to replace the filter about every 3 months.

You also need to bang out the filter nearly every time you vacuum, depending on how messy your carpets are, and this doesn't make cleanup as exactly 'hands free' as the manufacturer's description would have you think. But the canister that collects the dirt from the carpet is big enough to thoroughly clean my living room floor, which is my dog's favorite spot to sleep and so, is often filled with dog hair. And taking the canister out to dump the contents into a trash bin and then putting it back in is very easy.

Other than the bagless feature, the other thing I really like about this Dirt Devil is the way the hose attachment is used. Instead of having to manually turn a button to switch it from the vacuum to the hose, with this vacuum you just unhook the attachment to the base and place the hose on. I find it much easier. What I didn't like about the hose attachment was that there wasn't a lot of explanation about it in the instructions and it took me a little while to figure out on my own how to use the hose attachment.

This vacuum also lets you choose how thick the carpet is that you're vacuuming, so it will reach way down into deep pile, and will clean bare floor for you too. And it also has Powerbrushes in the head of the vacuum, which lift all the dirt to the surface, so that they can quickly be sucked up. And it has a MicroFresh filtration system that will also trap in 99% of dust and allergens so that they're not re-circulated back into the air.

I really like this vacuum and as I suspected I would be, am very happy with this Dirt Devil purchase!

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or