Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2011, 11:53 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Monster Cable Beats Pro

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

I have a friend who's heavily into music. He spends much of his time mixing his own beats, or just trying to find the latest and greatest in underground hip hop. I like music too, but not as much as he does. But that doesn't mean that I don't benefit from his passion - he often gives me many of his tools and accessories that he can no longer use. And last year, he gave me a pair of his Monster Cable Beats Pro, a pair of headphones (or 'cans' as he calls them) that may just be the nicest things my ears have ever been treated to!

That friend is a DJ and so there are often really cool features that come with his headphones, although this is the first pair I've been privileged enough to own! One of those features that did come with these headphones though was the flip-up ear cups. This is meant for DJs who need to keep one ear on the music and one ear on the room. But it's especially handy for me when someone wants to talk to me, and I don't want to have to pull out my iPod Touch, stop play, and then do it all over again. I can just flip up the ear, and I can hear whatever is going on around me!

And I may not have all the lingo or techie-talk down, but any music you play on these headphones is going to sound amazing! I found the audio to be so incredibly clear and crisp that I couldn't believe the poor quality I'd been listening to before. And there are also input/output cable ports so that if I'm listening to something that I want my friend to hear, they can just hook up their own headphones and again, it saves me from fiddling with my mp3 player.

When my friend gave me these headphones, he told me that he paid over $500 for them. I thought he was pulling my chain until I looked them up and saw that he was right! I think they were probably worth it for him, as part of his career is tied up in music, but for me that's just simply a luxury I cannot afford. I don't think these headphones would be accessible or affordable to everyone. But if like my friend, music is a huge focal point of your life, these are probably a good investment!

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews