U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-04-2011, 11:54 AM

2,186 posts, read 3,521,339 times
Default Review of Whirlpool Top Load Washer WTW4950XW

Whirlpool Top Load Washer WTW4950XW

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

This Whirlpool Top Load Washing Machine is easily the best washing machine I have ever owned. It was very easy to install and also looks very good in our kitchen. It has a large load capacity and performs well with both small and large loads, gentle and heavy duty. Most of my washing is large loads with lots of jeans and towels and it doesn't seem to matter the load, the clothes are always quite clean. One feature we use (probably unfortunately) more than we should is the load reset feature. If you notice too late that you have, for example, filled the machine with a full load, but left the control on the setting for a small load, all you have to do is move it to reset and it will fill the tank regardless of where in the cycle it is. I am also somewhat inconsistent with my choice of detergent but, again, it doesn't seem to matter to this washer. It has been very efficient and uses about two thirds of the energy of our previous washing machine. I have had some trouble with keeping the machine balanced to the floor which can result in a rather noisy performance, but I think the problem is more with the floor where the washer is located. The display panel is very easy to read and understand as well. I have only had to use some of the other settings a few times each, but even in the gentle cycle the clothes consistently clean and undamaged The washer has an Energy Star rating and has required no service or parts since it was originally purchased. We are a family of five (three teenagers) so the washing machine is one of those appliances that gets overworked more than it should, but this Whirlpool Washing Machine has been equal to the task thus far. For a moderately priced top loading washer, this Whirlpool has been exactly what we expected and a little more.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews