Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2011, 11:55 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,606,598 times

Advertisements

DeLonghi MG7307CM Heater

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

We had to purchase electric space heaters when our furnace broke down, and we ended up heating through two entire winters with them exclusively. We prefer oil heaters to blown heaters for their efficiency and the thoroughness of the heat. I chose this model because I like the radiator style and it was inexpensive at $49.95.

I purchased three heaters, one for each bedroom. The total area heated exclusively with the electric oil heaters was approximately 400 square feet. The heaters kept the rooms at a comfortable temperature most of the time. The only time we got chilly was when the outside temperature dipped below 20 degrees and stayed there for two weeks. Considering that the oil heaters were our only source of home heating, they did outstandingly well.

The surface of the radiator fins does get very warm, but not so hot as to burn you. It is also heavier than other heaters I've used, so I felt comfortable with this heater around my child and pets because there was less chance they would bump it over.

If you are supplementing your existing heat with this oil heater, I strongly recommend it. Once the heater reaches temperature, it maintains the heat in the room evenly. It operates silently and shuts itself off when the air is warm enough. It does click when it turns on and off, but you get used to it.

We did have a problem with fuses blowing when we operated two of the oil heaters on the same circuit on high setting. However, on medium setting, we did not have any problems at all. Our electric bill did not increase excessively during the coldest months, despite the fact that we ran all three oil space heaters on medium setting continuously.

We gave the heaters to a friend when we recently moved to a new home, but we have now decided to buy them again to cut heating costs in our new house. The savings in natural gas expenses will more than pay for the heaters.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews