U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2011, 09:11 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,666,404 times

Advertisements

King Kooker 29Qt. Propane Turkey Fryer

Rating: 2 out of 5
  • Currently 2.0/5.0

Sometimes baking or roasting a turkey isn't enough. Don't get me wrong or anything, cooking turkeys those two ways are just fine if you ask me.

Take the King Kooker, a great way to cook a turkey outdoors. --
The price of the fryer is about $64.98. Not too bad of a price, actually most fryers of this kind averages around the same. Turkey Day is an important day. You want to have your turkey done on time, especially with house guests that may soon to arrive.

Some people prefer fried turkey over baked and roasted. This baby you can fry a healthy-sized turkey within about a couple hours, give and take depending on the turkeys weight, and if it's fully thawed or not.
There are professional units similar to this one, its make. If you have a garage , and let's say you cook a turkey for a club every other month. I'd buy a couple of these. They will last for who knows how long. And you don't have to take good care of them. These cookers will always favor you in the summer.
It's too hot outside. Keep the oven off. Cook outside. Heck, cook chickens, ducks, any good sized piece of meat you can think of.

PROS: There are many pros about this product, but the cons may outweigh it. The fryer is easy to transport from one locale to another. All you need is two hands to carry the lot.

You need oil and propane, that simple! Hooking the pot is fairly easy, with or without experience. The fryer is easy to manage. And my favorite, it's solid!

CONS: You have to take some safety issues before operating the unit. You need gloves and take precaution before operating it. Washing it out isn't very fun also.

My overall rating is 2.9/5.0.

COMPARING: To others like it, a fairly good brand. The price is good. Still, a pain in the butt to operate and maintain if you're not a man's man.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews