Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2011, 04:25 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,547,411 times

Advertisements

Callaway Women's FT9 driver

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

This golf club is best suited for the novice golfer who has trouble getting under the ball. The club has both fusion technology and hyberbolic face technology, which allows almost any golfer ease in drawing or fading their golf shots. The club is also very light weight so it's easy to get around on a full swing and still have power. If your swing isn't perfect, which mine isn't, it really corrects your shot and allows your ball to almost always make it into the fairway, which makes for a much less frustrating round for a beginner especially. I've had the club for about two years and the reliability has been great so far. I think if I was a person who golfed a lot, it might not do as well because it's so light and the shaft is almost flimsy feeling. My daughter had a similar club in junior size and broke the top off because kept hitting the club so hard into the ground on her tee shots at the driving range.

As much as I enjoy the benefits of the club with its correcting and its huge generation of speed of the tee, I think one problem is it doesn't make you truly a better golfer. It gives you a false sense of being good at the game. Sometimes this makes your swing worse when you are hitting your fairway shots and even some of the tougher shots out of the rough and the sand. It has the potential to make your swing a bit lazy because you know you'll still hit the ball pretty decently down the fairway. In the end, I'd recommend the product, though, because golf is a leisure sport for most and it will certainly make one enjoy the game more.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews