Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2011, 07:36 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Bissell PowerEase Powerful Lightweight Deep Cleaner

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I bought the Bissell PowerEase Powerful Lightweight Deep Cleaner because my carpets were heavily soiled from my two children who constantly spilled juice on it, ran around with dirty feet on it, and just wore it out in general. I didn't expect the deep cleaner to do anything about the wear and tear, but I did expect it to make a good dent in the soiled areas. I chose the Bissell PowerEase because I had used other Bissell steam cleaners in the past, and trusted the name. This one however was a little cheaper than some of the bigger Bissell models and that appealed to me too.

The only real difference I noticed at first, while I was standing in the store looking at it, was the fact that the PowerEase did not come with a pre-heater for the water. That didn't seem like a huge deal to me, as I figured I could just use hot water when I put it in the tank; and that seemed to work out pretty well. What I didn't notice right away was the lack of hoses, nozzles, and attachments - the PowerEase has none! This makes it somewhat difficult to get into corners and crevices and for cleaning small spaces, such as stairs. As my stairs were quite dirty as well, I did manage to just clean using the main brushes and holding the deep cleaner, but this wouldn't work for all stairs.

The deep cleaner says that it has six brushes underneath that lift and pick up dirt and soil to thoroughly clean your carpets and I have to trust that this is accurate as the PowerEase cleaned my carpets relatively well. There were some areas that were very badly soiled and that still needed professionals to come in to finish the job but I think those spots were so badly stained that only professional equipment would do. On the areas that were still stained, but not as badly, the PowerEase lifted them off very quickly and in many spots, I only had to go over it once.

One thing that I liked much better about the PowerEase than I did some of the bigger Bissells was the fact that there was no interior bag in the container that collected the water. I have found in the past that this is very awkward to deal with and makes it very difficult to clean out the tank. I was extremely happy when I opened the box and found that this tank had no messy bag to contend with.

At only $100 the Bissell PowerEase Powerful Lightweight Deep Cleaner is worth every penny. It may not have all the bells and whistles, but if you're just looking for a basic deep cleaner to get out medium stains, this one definitely fits the bill for a very affordable price.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews