U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2011, 02:16 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,786,676 times

Advertisements

BodyCraft X2 Family Xpress Home Gym

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

As an avid exercise enthusiast with a very busy schedule I decided to purchase my first home gym and went with the BodyCraft X2 Family Xpress. The gym membership I was paying for was a waste of money and too far from my home. I tried out the BodyCraft X2 Family Xpress and several other home gyms at the sporting goods store I purchased it at. The BodyCraft X2 is not an entry level model and is for people like me who have experience working out and need heavier weight and several exercises to choose from. With that said, the price of the BodyCraft X2 is quite a bit higher at $3,500 hundred dollars compared to entry models that can be purchased for less than $1,000.

One thing I liked about the BodyCraft X2 was the versatility. It comes with three exercise stations with an optional fourth. I like to have a variety of exercises for every body part and the X2 offers that. It also comes with two 200 lb stacks of weights making it heavy enough for me to do the strength based workouts I like to do.

The exercises are virtually limitless with the X2 as it has fully adjustable seats and an adjustable cable system that lets you simulate dumbbell workouts. Although this is a good machine it is not without its flaws. One major factor is the price, although I feel it is a good investment at $3,500 I realize this will price many people out. Again, for entry level fitness enthusiasts it's probably not the machine for them anyway.

The set up process is very difficult for this home gym. It took me over seven hours to complete. The directions were difficult to understand and had too many steps. If I would've known the set up would be so cumbersome I would have paid the extra to have it assembled. It also takes up a lot of space so you'll need to have a dedicated room for it.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews