U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 09-08-2011, 02:18 AM

2,186 posts, read 2,808,640 times
Default Review of Oster 1.1 Cu. Ft. Countertop Microwave OGF41101

Oster 1.1 Cu. Ft. Countertop Microwave OGF41101

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

The Oster 1.1 Cubic Ft. Counter Top Microwave has been one of the better microwave ovens I have ever owned. I purchased the Oster new almost three years ago after replacing my previous microwave ovens what seemed like once a year. This Oster is an attractive silver and black, and though it is a rather large capacity, it fits very easily on a space on our counter top that is not very large. The 1.1 Cubic. Ft. oven capacity has been ample for all our needs. Even our largest bowls fit easily into the oven. I have even used it to defrost a 15 pound turkey. The oven's output is 1000 watts, and the turntable system has been more reliable than some other ovens, allowing for nice uniformity in cooking. We primarily use the microwave for reheating, and it has been very consistent. The programming allows for reheating pizza, beverages, popcorn, potatoes, and frozen dinners with one touch. It also has a useful child lock feature which prevents unsupervised use by children. We only occasionally use the oven for defrost but it has worked well when we have. The oven defrosts by weight or by time. As is typical of most microwave ovens, the interior of the machine has been difficult to keep clean. Stains seem to set rather quickly and are very tough to remove, especially the inside ceiling of the oven. The clock feature in convenient and everything is easy to read and set on the display panel. The owner's manual was easy to read and understand and provided very useful tips about cooking certain types of food as well as microwave recipes that have proven to be quite good. The Oster Counter top Microwave is very good, especially considering its very reasonable price.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews