Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2011, 04:40 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,543,281 times

Advertisements

Grado Professional PS1000 Headphones

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

Today we wonder what true and great quality sounds like. When it comes to music, and you have to keep things on the d-low. You're gonna need some headphones. Not just any headphones will do. If you go out and buy a $10.00 pair, the chances are those headphones are going to sound like crap.
Never get a pair of crappy headphones. I've learned that myself far too often. Sure you can get that really cheap pair of headphones. I know. It's only 10 bucks. And it's a really good brand too. I think really you can get a good name brand that cheap. However, at that price, don't expect them to last no more than a year or so.

The Grado Professional PS1000 Headphones aren't for anyone. They are only for elitist or someone with a huge piggy bank. I would not buy these headphones unless I was very rich and stupid. Crazy works too.
If I could purchase these, you better believe I would. Just image yourself with these headphones, OMG, the hearing power, WOW!
Think of the THX man of the 80-90's. That's what it would sound like. You sliding in a chair from the sound.

Take for instance, it's not the brand you have to worry about, it's the price.

As horrible as it is, "the $2.99 Sport Blue Headphones," really are a let-me-down.

If you really want a pair of headphones that will literally "knock your socks off!" Check out, Grado Professional PS1000 Headphones.

Overview:

The Good:

The sound and style far exceeds any other like it. Beautifully crafted wood and solid metal earcups; stellar build quality; includes 15-foot extension cable and phono-to-miniplug adapter.

The Bad:

Only the price. Starting at $1,695.00. Only the rich can afford this.

Overall rating of this product. Including cost, performance, brand. "5.0."

Comparing to other units, go with something cheaper. Let's say $30 should do it.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews