Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2011, 04:37 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,561,647 times

Advertisements

2010 Ford Escape Hybrid Base Model

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I ordered a 2010 Ford Escape Hybrid for my company vehicle and overall I have been pleased with its features and function. I work in public transportation management and have to report to work regardless of the weather. I chose the Escape Hybrid because I wanted a four-wheel drive vehicle for safety and because our company required all new vehicles to be hybrids.

Since the Ford Escape is much larger than my previous Ford 500, I expected the fuel mileage to be much higher despite the fact that it was a hybrid. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the mileage was comparable to my old car. The fuel tank is roughly the same size in both, so the cost for my fuel is about the same. I need to fill up about once a week for my half-hour commute and lunchtime errands.

I had some problems initially because the vehicle makes no noise when it first starts. The message that the vehicle is running appears on the dash, but it is in the same color as the rest of the dash display and it is easy to miss. I double-started it several times before I learned to stare intently at the dash until I saw the message. A more visible display that doesn't disappear until the vehicle is in gear would be helpful.

I enjoy the satellite radio and have subscribed to the service. I also like the driver and passenger climate controls, and my kids like the back-seat cup holders. The vehicle is very family-friendly.

The child seat attachment system is better in this vehicle than in others I have used. The locks are easy to reach and simple to latch and unlatch. Also, the straps do not bind in the chair's attachments.

I am not as happy with the vehicle's acceleration as I was with my previous car. It takes a moment for the engine to switch to gas after it has been idling on electric power at a stoplight, so there is a brief delay before you start moving. I live in a small city with high traffic volume and this pause has nearly caused me to be rear-ended by the person behind me at a light. However, once it reaches speed the car maintains it well.

Overall, I like the Ford Escape Hybrid. I would order it again.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews