U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2011, 03:34 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,649,956 times

Advertisements

Electrolux ErgoRapido 2-in-1 Cordless Stick & Hand Vac

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

Without question, the best cordless vacuum I have ever purchased. This little beauty lists at $139.99 and is worth every penny.

Cordless and rechargeable, the ErgoRapido sits snug and out of the way on its own docking station so it's always charge and ready to go when you need it. For ease of access, we purchased two of these (slightly different models) and placed one upstairs and one downstairs in our home. Battery life is excellent, and I can easily vacuum an entire floor of my house without it slowing down at all. After over a year of frequent use, they still work as good as the day I took them out of the box.

In stick mode, the vacuum features 2 speeds and a rotating brush. I have used it on both tile and carpet, and it performs equally well in both cases. The brush head is easy to maneuver and swivels effortlessly around furniture and other obstacles. This vacuum also features a detachable hand-vac, which you remove from the stick portion by pinching together a pair of buttons on either side of the unit. In hand-vac mode you only have access to a single speed, but the extra flexibility is wonderful and I regularly use it to vacuum our home's staircase and in smaller, tight areas such as bathrooms. This unit does an excellent job of picking up everything from dirt to pet hair, and even performs well on heavier messes such as spilled cat litter.

As with many models in this price range, the ErgoRapido is bag-less. Emptying is simple, but requires that the hand-vac portion of the machine be removed from the stick.

The only drawback I've encountered with this machine is that the brush is rather small in diameter, and tends to frequently become entangled with hair and fibers (which prevents the brush from turning). Fortunately the brush can be popped in and out of the head assembly relatively easily, allowing for the hair and fibers to be removed and restoring normal function.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews