U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2011, 12:22 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,864,540 times

Advertisements

Classic XL 15 Alpine Air Purifier

Rating: 3 out of 5
  • Currently 3.0/5.0

We bought this product about five years ago and it was a foolish decision on our part. The most positive thing about this product is its reliability. We never had any trouble getting it to run and never needed a repair. In design, I think it's very old fashioned looking and is difficult to hide behind other pieces of furniture. The color is a dark brown and it looks like an old radio. It is very easy to use and doesn't have a lot of features you have to learn or try to figure out. A traveling salesperson sold the unit to us and impressed us with their demonstration of holding a smelly handkerchief up to the unit for a few minutes and showing us how nice the handkerchief smelled after the fresh air hit it. The product creates an outdoor smell in your home making you feel like you have had the windows open all day. It promises to lessen allergy symptoms and take away smells of pets, cigarette smoke and mold. My husband suffers from allergies and I don't think the product really helped him that much. He continued to need to take all of his medication and even had to have sinus surgery after a year of using the product. I really liked the outdoor smell the product left in the house but that's about it. The product is difficult to clean and not nice looking. There are a lot of other air purifiers on the market that make the same promises like Ionic Breeze, Orec and Honeywell. These products cost considerably less money, are easier to hide and are much quieter when operating. The Alpine costs $500 and you can buy these other products for anywhere from $50 all the way up to $300.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews