Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2011, 12:23 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

DeLonghi Mica Panel Radiator HHP 1500

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I purchased this quiet convection heater last winter when I needed a smaller space heater in my office. I was looking for a sleek looking heater that was quiet yet did the job. I also wanted a heater that didn't need to sit on the floor but could be wall mounted and the DeLonghi Mica Panel Radiator HHP 1500 is exactly what I was looking for. The wall mounting is an unusual feature when it comes to space heaters but after doing a little research I determined that the DeLonghi model was just what I needed. The convection heating on this machine makes it warm quicker than most space heaters and although not as fast as a fan powered heater, it runs very quietly and can be on even when a meeting is taking place.
There are some unique safety features to this heater like the tip-over switch, the overheating protection, the thermostat and two separate heat settings. With the wall feature it would be nice to have a remote control but this model does not come with a timer or a remote control. Therefore, the overall convenience of this heater is worse than some of the other models out there but as far as the wall mounting goes; it is set apart from the rest.
There are a few quality control issues that I have had since the purchase of this heater. There seems to be a slight odor that comes from the unit when left on for two hours or more. The machine is still working just fine but occasionally it gives off a burning or hot rubber smell. The odor doesn't last and therefore I have not tossed this machine and got a new one yet. I wonder if this means the machine is nearing its life end.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews