Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2011, 12:24 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Polar RS 200 Heart Rate Monitor

Rating: 2 out of 5
  • Currently 2.0/5.0

I used this product faithfully for two years before giving up on it! It was great for keeping track of how high my heart rate was, the number of calories I burned and the amount of time I worked out. It was also a nice looking and sporty looking watch with an enormous set of features. Unfortunately, it's so difficult to figure out I really never used any of the other features it offered nor did I know what they even were. The biggest problem with this product was its reliability once it got past a year old. I would be running long distances and it would suddenly display a zero on the screen and discontinue tracking my heart rate and my calories. This was very distracting when I was running or working out and a lot of times ruined the workout because I'd be trying to fix it so I could see my heart rate and calories. Heart rate monitors in general it seems distract people from workouts and you tend to get a little obsessed with your calorie burning and "zones." The watch has several levels of zones. Zone 1 through five. Supposedly based on your "test" your body has a zone that burns the most fat, which is always inconsistent with the number of calories you burn. I learned eventually that the more calories I burned, the more fat I would burn. I would not recommend purchasing this product because it breaks all the time and defeats the purpose of even working out. A truly fit and dedicated exerciser doesn't need the watch to reach higher goals. The best thing about the watch is coming to that realization that you just need to work hard if you want to get results and not let yourself be ruled by a watch.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews