U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2011, 04:52 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,652,736 times

Advertisements

2007 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Auto GLS

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

My 2007 Hyundai Elantra is the GLS Sedan model and features dual and side air bags, power steering, power locks, power windows, tilt wheel, anti-lock breaks and a CD player, which are fairly standard features on all of the Elantras. My car has a 2.0 liter, 4 cylinder engine and is automatic transmission. The original manufacturer suggested retail price for the car was $14,395.

I consider the car easy to use because the gauges are easy to read and the lighted panel alerts me to any problems the car may be having. The automatic features also make driving and transporting passengers easy. The car handles fairly well in inclement conditions like ice and snow and living in the Midwest, I have had numerous opportunities to drive in poor driving conditions. The body of the car has also held up well concerning rust and other problems caused by exposure to the elements.

After an issue with the brakes grinding when using them in reverse, my mechanic advised me that every couple of years there might be a problem with the brakes, and while not dangerous, I would need to have the brakes serviced. In addition to the problem reversing, I also feel as if the brakes skid a bit sometimes when I am trying to stop. Ultimately they work fine, but they do not feel as secure as some of the other vehicles I have driven. There was also a recall issues in April of 2009 for brake light issues, with which I have not experienced any issues. My car also has air conditioning, an AM/FM stereo and cruise control, not considered standard features on this model.

I love the look of the car. I chose the silver color with the gray fabric interior. The car is compact and sleek and I believe it has an expensive appearance for a budget-friendly car. Despite the minor brake issues, I would purchase the 2007 Elantra, or future models, again.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews