Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2011, 01:27 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,597,714 times

Advertisements

Masterbuilt Butterball Professional Indoor Turkey Fryer

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

After years of cooking the Thanksgiving turkey in the oven I decided to take the step and purchase an indoor turkey fryer. I wanted a machine that could be used safely indoors, was easy to use and could accommodate a medium sized turkey. I purchased the Masterbuilt Butterball Professional Series indoor electric turkey fryer for a manufacturer suggested retail price of $149.99. Most of the turkey fryers I had seen were propane based and I wanted something that was electric. I did not want to buy and store propane but rather plug in my fryer, use it, and then put it away. I wanted a machine that could be used indoors to where I did not have to battle the cold and contend with the wet weather but could use in the convenience of my own kitchen.
The fryer is great and was able to accommodate a 14 pound turkey which was exactly what I needed. The oil drain and the fold away lid are nice features. The lid actually has a viewing window which allows you to watch the turkey being fried. Only two gallons of oil is required for this machine unlike most propane based turkey fryers which call for three gallons.
The only disadvantage to this turkey fryer is the manufacturer's warranty which only lasts ninety days. Most other manufacturers offer a year warranty but for some reason Masterbuilt only offers 90 days. I have been using the turkey fryer for over two years now and have not had to use the warranty so the 90 day expiration was just fine with me. If you are looking for something less expensive than this would not be the turkey fryer for you but if you are looking more for convenience and don't care about the price than the Masterbuilt Butterball Professional is a great choice.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2013, 02:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,424 times
I have had my indoor turkey fryer for two years. I have only used it on three other occasions. I keep it clean now that I'm trying to use it. it won't even come on. I paid a lot of money for this fryer not to work. Any troubleshooting suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews