Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2011, 01:27 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,607,942 times

Advertisements

55" class LCD TV Perfect Pixel HD Engine by Philips

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

Everyone loves a wide screen TV. The clarity and the size most especially are able to pull us into the world we are watching. This is why I love my 55" class LCD TV Perfect Pixel HD Engine. It is widescreen obviously but the 55" is amazing and with a resolution of 1920x1080p it is unbeatable. It is a full led display and has a contrast ratio of 6000:1. It also has a dynamic screen contrast of 132,000:1.
The TV also has 4 speakers built in and has the normal adjustable resolutions of most modern TVs. Connectivity wise it supports AV inputs, HDMI, Audio digital Output, Ethernet, PC Audio in, PC-In VGA, Service connector, USB and Easylink (HDMI-CEC).
There are definitely very few products out there in the market that can match this TV. The width alone is enough to make comparison difficult, add the quality of picture that it is able to produce and its is no wonder the 55" class LCD TV Perfect Pixel HD Engine by Philips is in a league of its own. It makes the experiance of watching the recently released moves like being in a 14 cinama movie plex. If Mine ever desideds to brake i will be heart broken, i will miss it very much when it doesdecided to quit working. So far I have had mine for 5 years and it is still working as if it is new.
The biggest drawback for the TV will have to be the price as it still sits at $1,449.99 despite Philips already having lowered this from its original price of $1,999. But for the quality of the resolution that one is able to get I suppose this is an acceptable compromise. The experience of watching a movie on such a wide TV is reminiscent of a theatre setting which is exactly what Philips wanted to recreate.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews