Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2011, 02:18 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,606,598 times

Advertisements

Haier 5.0 cu. ft. deep freezer chest model (ESCM05EC)

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

I purchased my Haier deep freezer about 1 year ago after my GE deep freezer went out on me for the second time in about 3 months. I lost a lot of food the first time the GE model stopped working so I paid about 35 bucks for a repair man to come out and diagnose the problem. He told me that the GE deep freezer's motor was freezing up causing the units compressor to lock up and stop working. About 2 months later the same thing happened, we were out of town for about 5 days and when we came home the GE had stopped working. We did not have as much food stored this time so our losses were a lot less.

After that I drove right out to our local appliance store looking for a cheap deep freezer that would be able to hold about 2 months worth or meat and frozen vegetables for a family of 4. I found this Haier 5.0 cu. ft. deep freezer model (ESCM050EC) priced for about $150.

Manufactures specifications said that it could hold about 175 lbs worth of food which is plenty enough for what our needs would be and that it was energy star rated which is something that I always look for when buying new appliances. I store my deep freezer in my laundry room which is a large room for the size of our house but if you do have a tight space this unit is really compact.

It has an adjustable thermostat and is manual defrosted with a drain hole located on the side of the unit. There is also a removable basket if you want to store some items that you use more frequently or if you need the added space. After a year of use the Haier 5.0 cu. ft deep freezer model (ESCM050EC) has suited my family's needs and I would give this unit a 5 star rating and recommend it if you are in the market for a small introductory deep freezer.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews