Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2011, 03:18 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,543,281 times

Advertisements

Cuisinart EM-200 Programmable Espresso Maker

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I purchased one of these machines about a year ago for my mother on her birthday. She's a huge coffee and espresso fan, so I thought this would be a good treat for her. This Cuisinart is a handsome little machine with a shiny, brushed stainless steel casing and a smooth, sleek appearance. I have been very happy with most Cuisinart appliances I've purchased in the past, and this espresso maker is no exception.

This is a medium-large sized machine with a generous 8-cup capacity and produces a pump pressure of 15 bars. It's programmable and simple to use, allowing you to easily specify cup size, and also includes a steaming feature for making cappuccino. Either ground or pod espresso. I typically prefer the pod variety, as it makes for easier cleanup. This maker works pretty quickly and generally only takes a few minutes to crank out the espresso. The milk steamer also works very well (takes about 20-30 seconds), so you have your fresh espresso ready to drink in 5-10 minutes.

My favorite feature of this maker is the programmable dosing options- it can make standard espresso, or tell it to make a double shot. For someone like my mother that thinks the stronger the coffee the better, this is an awesome feature. The machine is a little noisy while in operation, though I've found this is true of most espresso makers.

My only complaint about this unit is that like most espresso machines it's a little on the bulky side. It weighs close to 25 pounds and takes up nearly a foot of counter space, which could make it a bit of a pain to store. Fortunately my mother's kitchen is quite a bit larger than mine, so she just leaves it out on the counter all the time. I'm not a frequent coffee drinker, but I love to treat myself to a quick cup from this nifty little machine whenever I go for a visit.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews