U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2011, 03:19 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,676,977 times

Advertisements

KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

I own several KitchenAid products, and they are all high-quality and durable. When it was time to replace my inexpensive blender, I immediately thought of KitchenAid because of how pleased I have been with my other products. I have been very happy with this purchase.

This blender is definitely not one of the cheapest blenders, but it is also not anywhere near as expensive as something like a Vitamix blender. I purchased this item in December 2009, and I paid $119.00 for my KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender. I ordered the product from Amazon.com. I was initially hesitant about spending over $100 for a blender, but I have not regretted the investment.

I primarily use my blender to make smoothies, process fruits and vegetables for baby food, and puree large batches of soup. The KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender easily crushes ice cubes and frozen fruit, and blends the puree evenly when I add protein powder to the mix. There is a hole on top of the lid that allows you to add ingredients to the top of the machine, but I generally just put all of the ingredients in at the same time. Cooked fruit and vegetables are pureed very quickly, and the result is a nice, smooth puree.

I love the pouring lid on the pitcher, as it greatly reduces spills when pouring smoothies into cups. The KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender is also a breeze to clean. I just remove the lid and unscrew the bottom portion with the blades, and then pop the pieces into the dishwasher. All of the components wash well, and the blades have stayed sharp with regular top-shelf dishwasher use.

This blender comes with the standard one-year KitchenAid warranty that covers parts and labor. However, I have never had to use the warranty as my blender has functioned perfectly. I strongly recommend this blender. It has been a great purchase.

A.K. Taylor

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews