U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2011, 03:19 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,654,884 times

Advertisements

Samsung PN50C6500 50-Inch 1080p Plasma HDTV Model (PN50C6500)

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

Around the middle of football season this year my old 43-inch Apex rear projection television suddenly stopped working and began smoking from the back of the set. I quickly realized that I would soon be shopping around for a new television and I was really looking forward to moving into the new world of HDTV. I immediately began looking into reviews on line, at my local Wal-Mart Store, and Sears stores trying to figure out just what television I was going to be buying.

First thing I had to decide between was the different types of models that were available at the price range that I had set for myself in my mind which was about $1500. I had to choose between LCD, LED, and Plasma televisions and with all the reviews to read and choose between I chose the Plasma based on my preferences for how movies and sports looked on the Plasma television. It has deep rich blacks and bright whites.

After knowing I was going to be buying a Plasma television I had to decide on which size and which model I was going to be buying. I was going to be sitting about 12 feet from my television, so based on information I found on line I figured that a 50-inch screen would be perfect for my living room setting. After some extensive research I decided to go with the Samsung 50-inch 1080P Plasma HDTV model (PN50C6500) because it was within my price range and met and even exceeded my expectations.

I immediately upgraded my satellite system to include all the HD channels that are available and purchased a PS3 so I could have a Blu-Ray player and purchased a box home theater system to sync up with the Samsung HDTV. The television has an ultra slim design and was easy to set up and install and comes with 4 HDMI ports, 2 USB, 1 PC, and is energy star rated which uses about 40% less energy than my older model television. I would definitely recommend the Samsung 50-inch 1080p Plasma HDTV model (PN50C6500) to anyone looking to get into the HD technology or just upgrade from their old model television. I would give the Samsung 4 stars.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews