U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2011, 03:38 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,649,956 times

Advertisements

2008 American Standard Fender Telecaster

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

The 2008 American Standard Fender Telecaster is one of the best guitars I have ever owned. The standard telecaster has 22 jumbo frets, a gorgeous maple fret board with smooth frets, and standard Fender tuners. It has a standard tele bridge, and two single coil Fender pickups. The two single coils are perfect for that classic tele twang and have served me well playing country, alternative, and even rock and roll. American Telecasters are famous for their clear, biting bridge pickup sound, and this tele doesn't disappoint. As a rhythm player, though, I prefer the middle setting which combines the bridge and neck pickups to give my a full (almost acoustic) sound, perfect for rhythm guitar playing. The standard Fender tuners have never given me much trouble keeping the guitar in tune. The tone of this tele is full and rich, and the action is just right. I have, at times, had a little issue with the low E string fretting out on the first few frets, but that is any easy fix for any guitar tech or local music store. I have a sunburst finish that is nice and musky, not the overly bright finish of a squire. I also own a 1988 American Telecaster with a rose wood neck and though they are certainly not inexpensive, the quality and craftsmanship insure that you will enjoy your instrument for decades. The telecaster also retains its value as well as any other guitar on the market. In fact, most teles are more valuable down the road than they were at purchase. I you want to own a piece of history, but also need a versatile instrument that is as reliable on the road as it is in the studio, then a 2008 Standard Fender Telecaster just might be the guitar you need.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews